One important strategy that you need to develop to do well in the listening test is the ability to recall information.
- To recall means to remember and recollect information that you have heard during listening.
- To recall information heard one needs to listen well and make notes.
Listen to a passage on Food Additives and complete the following sentences. Write your answer in NOT MORE THAN FIVE WORDS.
1. The purpose of food additives is to __________________
2. Antioxidants preserve flavour, prevent denaturation of the fat soluble vitamins A and E, prevent food contaminants from causing malignant changes in the ____________
3. Some food additives such as nitrates and ____________________ can react with food to form ________________ called nitrosamines that have been proven to ___________
4. Salting and pickling with or without spices are known as the most effective ways of preventing decay in ____________________
5. The most effective treatment of high blood pressure is ___________________