Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Minimalist Life

Recently I watched a video of a man and his family living their lifestyle as minimalists in Japan and I seems to be very much attracted to it. From what I understand minimalist carries out the meaning when you live your life to the minimal needs for example minimal amount of shirts, shorts and trousers. Other than that, minimalist only need the basic in life and not more than that for example instead of having chairs and table, minimalist only need a clean floor to sit and eat and also to invite friends and families to come by.
I was attracted to this concept or shall we say believe because it reminds me of what I don't need at home and I come to think that I should be doing the same thing too with my life.And I remembered that I was actually a minimalist myself when I was in university years back. During my years as a student, I only have 3-5 t-shirts, 3-4 long pants, 1 shorts, 3 sports shorts, 4 sports shirts, a pair of sports shoes and 2 pairs of shoes that I wore to go to class. It was pretty much a minimalist life at least to me.
The truth is this minimalist concept has really open up my mind and eyes in believing we should not possess something that we don't need or in another word we should not waste our money buying something that we already have and something that we don't need.

No comments: