Thursday, July 24, 2008

Future Progressive/ Continuous Tense.

Future progressive tense is used to indicate action which will be taking place at some time in the future.
For example,

The class will be learning chapter 7 next week.
We'll be leaving next Monday.
When you arrive, I'll be cooking dinner.

The future progressive tense is formed by adding will be to the +ing form of the main verb.

She will be coming around the mountain in a few minutes.
She'll be riding a white horse into town.

The future progressive tense is not as common as other tenses, and it can some-times be replaced by simple future, present progressive or even simple present.

I'll be leaving in a few minutes.
I'll leave in a few minutes.
I'm going to leave in a few minutes.
I'm leaving in a few minutes.
I leave in a few minutes.

No comments: