Monday, April 13, 2009

UNIT 1: Answer Key.

1.1 LETTER FOR APPLICATION FOR INDUSTRIAL TRAINING.

Activity 1:


(1) Name not needed
37 Lintang Mahsuri , (2) Use capital ‘L’ (3) No comma at the end of the name of the road
14000 Pulau Pinang

24/7/2001 (4) Date – should be at right hand side and written as 24 July 2001

The Training Manager
K-Four Sdn Bhd (5)
13500 Seberang Perai
Pulau Pinang . (6) Full stop not needed

Dear Sir (7)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxx

2.xxxxxxxxxx (8) No numbering


3.xxxxxxxxxx (9) No numbering

Yours sincerely (10)


Activity 2:

A)

  1. to apply for a place for industrial training.
  2. students applying for industrial training.
  3. no, because he has written his name at the bottom of the letter.
  4. to convince the company that mohd halim is really interested to be trained in the company.
  5. to verify that mohd halim is a student of the polytechnic.

B)

  1. enquire- find out
  2. send with- enclose
  3. thankful- grateful
  4. company- firm
  5. gain- acquire

C)

I would like to enquire.......

I would be grateful...........

I would appreciate it very much........

D)

  1. introduce oneself
  2. state purpose of letter
  3. state reason(s) for choosingthe respective company
  4. mention enclosures
  5. close letter politely

Activity 3:

A)


I am a second semester Certificate in Computer Science student of Kota Bahru Polytechnic.
I enclose a recommendation letter from the ehad of Mechanical Department.
I am looking forward to a favourable reply from your company.
I would like to enquire if I could have my industrial training in your company.
I am interested to be trained in your company because I was informed that your company provides excellent training programme.
My Industrial Training Officer has recommended your company for my industrial training.

B)

2. State purpose of letter :
I would like to enquire if I could have my industrial training in your company.


3. State reason(s) for choosing the respective company
i) I am interested to be trained in your company because I was informed that your company
provides excellent training programme.

ii) My Industrial Training Officer has recommended your company for my industrial
training.


4. Mention enclosures
I enclose a recommendation letter from the head of Mechanical Department

5. Close letter politely
I am looking forward to a favourable reply from your company.

1.2 CONFIRMATION BY TELEPHONE FOR INDUSTRIAL TRAINING ATTACHMENT.

Activity 1:

1.Laila Yassin
2. Daniel Chua
3. Inventec Computers
4. 1st July 2002
5. Software Department
6. Mr Pandian

Activity 2:

1. Thank you. I look forward to meeting you on that day.
2. Could you arrange another date for interview ?
3. I’m sorry. I thought it was Hotel Continental
4.I’m not sure about the directions to your company. Could you give me the directions to your
company ?
5.Could you please tell him that Maria Salihan from Dungun Polytechnic called , regarding
industrial training ?
6. I’m sorry I cannot make it on that day. This is because I’ll be taking my final exam at that
time.

Activity 3:

Situation 1 :

Student A – Hello, good morning. I am Tania Darwin from Jitra Polytechnic. I am
calling to enquire about my industrial training at your company.
Student B – Let me check the list of trainees. Umm…we do have your name here.
You’ll be training in the Accounting Department.
Student A – That’s great. May I know the date and the person I have to report to ?
Student B – You have to report on 8th July 2002 and your supervisor is Mr Edward
Maniam.
Student A – Thanks for the information.
Student B – You are welcome. Goodbye.

Situation 2 :

Student A – Hello, good morning. I am Serina Redzuwan from Dungun Polytechnic.
I would like to confirm my Industrial Training.
Student B – Let me check the list of trainees first. Umm…it says that you have to
report on 1st June 2002 and your supervisor is Mr Mohsin.
Student A – Oh dear… there’s a slight problem. I’m afraid I can’t come on 1st June as
I have to attend a medical appointment. What about 2nd June, then ?
Student B – 2nd June…that would be a Tuesday…alright. You can report on 2nd June,
2002 at 8 a.m at our office.
Student A – Thanks for your help. Goodbye.

No comments: