Monday, March 24, 2014

ESL Enquiries (Business)

Useful Phrases: 

How can I help?
Can I speak to …, please?
Who’s calling, please?
Please hold
I’ll just put you through
Could I speak to……please?
Who shall I say is calling?
Just a second
I’ll see if he’s in
I’ve got ……..on the phone for you
Hang on a moment

Dialogue: 

Michelle: Hello, you’ve reached the marketing department. How can I help?
Male     : Yes, can I speak to Rosalind Wilson, please?
Michelle: Who’s calling, please?
Male     : It’s Richard Davies here.
Michelle: Certainly. Please hold and I’ll put you through.
Male     : Thank you.
Michelle: Hello, marketing. How can I help?
Male     : Could I speak to Jason Roberts, please?
Michelle: Certainly. Who shall I say is calling?
Male     : My name’s Mike Andrews.
Michelle: Just a second - I’ll see if he’s in. Hello, Jason, I’ve got Mike Andrews on the phone for you … Okay - I’ll put him through. Hang on a moment, I’m just putting you through. 

Credits: bbclearningenglish.com 

No comments: