Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Meaning of Grateful.

Grateful is an important and meaningful word to me because it has taught me a lot about life. I believe kids nowadays don’t even know if this word exists because no one tell or reminded them about it especially the intended meaning it lays, maybe in schools but not at home as parents are busy digging gold mines all day and night.

As far as I am concerned being grateful is when you are always pleased and thankful especially to God with what you have no matter what it is or how it may be. It is a quality that not everyone has or willing to have especially when we are talking about modern day life where money is everything and everything is money, when what you have reflect who you are as a person, physically.

My late mother has taught me a lot the real meaning of this word not by telling me the meaning or by giving an example but by keep reminding me that if she had all the money in the world, she would had given me, my brothers and my sisters all that we want. She never wanted anything more except for our love and how we can show that we care about her and our family. I immediately understand her intention from the look of her face when she said that and it was a very valuable lesson that I will never forget for the rest of my life. I believe we should start thinking and appreciating of what we have that others don't. So, be grateful.

No comments: