Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Student Life can be a Hard Life by Sathiasegkaran a/l Muthumanickam

Starting college can be one of the best and toughest things you can do in your life. All the new things you will learn and all the new people you meet can be exciting. Although it can be the best thing you can do, it can also be the most stressful. I never considered all the difficulties as a student must face. I started to find out that student life can be a hard life.
First of all money is a big issue that came into play. How am I going to pay for all of this stuff? There are outrageously priced books I have to buy, I was lucky to find a used copy of the books I needed that were half price. Trying to take more than one class at a time is also costly in addition to the books. Scholarships and grants are there to help but there is always the possibility I could be denied those options?
Next is having time to do all of the work. I have had to cancel many personal events in order to complete the work for each class. Having time for me to play computer games has become a distant memory. It’s all about the grades and keeping them up because a bad grade will follow me the rest of my life. Having multiple classes and multiple assignments due all at once has proved to be stressful.
When becoming a student I never considered all of these difficulties. I thought it would be a breeze but was quickly corrected. College is stressful because of difficulties a student must face with their money, their time, and their job. Nobody said it would be easy but many graduates testify that it is worth it.
As the final examination is around the corner, I burned the midnight oil for complete all my assignments and revisions which give a lot of stress to myself. I realise that this is just a beginning for me as for my life which will be more challenging in University for my degree. Being a student never meant easy and for all those students who still enjoying without concerning about their future, think twice as great opportunity only knocks once in a lifetime.

No comments: